Monday, December 17, 2007

Visiting Alabama

After much trouble in DFW airport we finally made it to my parent's house in Alabama. We were supposed to fly out to Birmingham at 5:45 pm, but the flight was cancelled due to weather. Fortunately, my friends Tina and Sandy were able to come out to visit us and pass the time. We got onto the next flight, which was supposed to leave at 8:30. However, it was delayed an hour, so we didn't actually get to my parent's house until 1am. Poor Zoe had enough at that point. She was so sweet and wonderful in the terminal and fell asleep on the plane. But, she was too tired on the drive to the house and cried on and off the whole hour. What a mess! At least all our luggage made it. :)

Aislin and Zoe at the airport

While we're in Alabama we've celebrated Christmas early. My sister Natalie and her family have been here, so Zoe's enjoyed playing with 2 of her cousins. If you asked her what her favorite part of Christmas is she'd say the paper.




That's my sister Natalie and her daughter Charlie in the background.

We've also been able to visit my grandparents in North Alabama and a couple of my aunts and uncles. It's been a good visit so far, except Zoe has decided that she doesn't want to sleep through the night. Hopefully she'll start up again when we get home.

Zoe with my grandparents: Gigi and Granddaddy

No comments: