Sunday, May 11, 2008

I am so blessed...


I just put my sweet Zoe to bed after a fun Mother's Day. She's grown so much in the past year! Her legs are so long that they hang off my lap when I'm rocking her to sleep. I love bedtime, and not because it means a few hours of peace and quiet. :) I love gazing into my sweet baby's eyes as we sing her lullabies and she sucks her thumb. I love snuggling and cuddling as she drifts off to sleep. I love reading her stories, over and over again, as she gets excited about what she can find on the page.

I love how she tries to help with the laundry by pulling all the clean clothes out of the basket and carrying them around the living room. (She does bring them back to me.) I also love how to imitates me cooking with her own kitchen tools I've given her. I love how she tries to help me brush my teeth in the mornings. I'm not too keen on having the baby's toothbrush on my face though. :) I love her sweet, open-mouth kisses and how she touches my face, just because.

I'm thankful that God has blessed me with such a wonderful daughter.

1 comment:

Nancy Hood said...

what a sweet account for Zoe to read one day~