Thursday, April 17, 2008

Baby Animal Days

Our daughter isn't afraid of anything. I was really surprised at her reaction to the animals at the farm. Matt and I took Zoe up to Logan on Saturday for the baby animals festival at the American Heritage Center. They have a petting zoo, ax throwing, pony rides, booths of neat stuff, people dressed up like pioneers, and sheriffs riding on horses among the grounds. I'm sure there were other things, but that's what I can remember. :) We participated in the petting area and a couple of the booths.

Like I said, our daughter is fearless. The first pen we visited had sheep in it. The mama kept pacing back and forth and baa-ing because a farm hand kept picking up her babies. Zoe stuck her hand right in to pet the mama. Later she was able to pet the lamb. It was pretty crowded, and she isn't the most patient of children. She wanted to touch everything. The piglets kept running around the pen, so she followed. Eventually the piglet got cornered and she was able to touch it. She also petted a calf, a kid, a duckling, a bunny, and a turtle. The chicks weren't available for petting, just to look at. Oh, and she pet one of the sheriff's horses. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of that one.

She was thoroughly exhausted after that outing. She fell asleep in the car, and so did her daddy on the way home. I ended up leaving her and Matt in the driveway to finish their naps while I went in to prepare dinner. We'll definitely plan to do this again next year.

Unfortunately Blogger isn't letting me upload pictures, so click here to see the them.

1 comment:

rc said...

I have the world's cutest granddaughter!